In this post
If you have been totally disconnected, I will now summarize what has happened on the web during the last week and the latest updates in the sports technology sector (so that you don't miss anything). There are also small notes of interesting links that I have found on the internet these days. If you find something interesting that you think is worthwhile, let me know by Twitter or Facebook From time to time I also share or retweet information or links of interest, so don't forget to follow me on social networks if you want to know them all. Here are the highlights of this week.
This week's articles
This is the content I posted this week. Don't miss anything!
- Personal brand analysis with Stryd - Complete review of all the possibilities offered by Stryd. It is not only a tool that provides you with information while running, but also after synchronizing the activity.
- Week May 15 to 21 - A summary of the highlights of the week.
Offers on GPS watches and other devices
Offers come and go, and usually only last a few days, either because the product is sold out or because the promotion ends. So if something you see is interesting to you, don't wait for five minutes. First shoot and then ask.
- Suunto Ambit3 Sport HR - 58% discount on a watch that is still very much up to date today.
- Suunto Ambit3 Run HR - And if you're just going to run here is this other piece of offer, also with a 59% discount.
- TomTom Runner - Perfect if you are just starting out. For 59€ plus shipping it's not worth carrying a phone around and exposing it to a sweat leak.
- TomTom Spark Cardio Music Premium - Special version of the Spark (same as Runner 3It's the version with an optical sensor and the ability to play music, along with a premium strap. It's priced like the regular Runner 3 Cardio, so the discounted 36% is quite tasty.
- Garmin Edge 520 - Available only today Monday in flash offer at Amazon France (you can use your same user data as in Spain).
- Garmin Edge 820 - With a discount of 21%.
- Suunto Spartan Sport HR - To warm up for what's coming this week (full test of the Spartan), a 38% discount on the white model. A spoiler on the test? If I put it here, it is because regardless of the price, I consider it worth buying....
You don't know if you have to connect your device to update it? You received an automatic update and you don't know what it includes? Well, I'm here to tell you.
- Stryd Update - Improves the downstream power register as well as fixing minor bugs.
- Garmin Fenix 5 Update, Fenix 5S, Fenix 5X and Phoenix Chronos (beta channel) - More bug fixes.
- Garmin Forerunner 735XT upgrade (beta channel) - Latest version of Connect IQ, improved distance recording in open water swimming and other bug fixes.
Links of interest
The most interesting links I have found this week. Almost all of them are curious news related to sport.
- Kilian Jornet climbs Everest in only 26 hours - We already knew how long it took a human to reach the summit of Everest. Now we also know how long it takes an extraterrestrial.
- Kilian Jornet RETURNS to climb Everest - Did you leave anything behind at the summit?
- Garmin beats GoPro and introduces its 360° camera - No, it won't be cheap. But to have unrepeatable images, you must live unrepeatable adventures...
- New Polar A370 - Polar continues the trend of 2017 in which it simply refreshes its range of products with small new features. In the case of the new activity bracelet, it adds sleep recording, the possibility of making use of the phone's GPS to record activities, pulse throughout the day (something that many were left waiting for in the original model).
And with that... thanks for reading!