Below you will find a summary of my weekly training sessions. I also take this opportunity to give you a summary of everything that has happened on the web during the last week and the latest updates in the sports technology sector (so that you don't miss anything). I also take this opportunity to make small notes of interesting links that I have found on the internet in the last few days. If you find something interesting that you think is worthwhile, contact me at Twitter or Facebook From time to time I also share or retweet information or interesting links, so don't forget to follow me on social networks if you want to know them all. So let's go with the best of this week.
This week's news
A small list with the main news of the page and the sector, happened during the week. This week I have been "on fire". There has been a lot of content on the page.
- Complete analysis of the Scosche RHYTHM+ optical sensor - Complete test of the Scosche RHYTHM+ optical pulse sensor, one of the best optical sensors on the market. And besides, I'm raffling off a unit! Are you participating now? You can get three options, through Facebook, Twitter and the mailing list.
- Garmin Vivosmart HR with GPS New Garmin Vivosmart HR+ - Garmin has introduced a new version of its successful Vivosmart HR bracelet this week, adding GPS and race-specific features.
- Garmin Vivoactive HR Update - Huge error correction list. The test of this model? For this week.
- Import of routes for Polar Flow - Finally! We've been waiting for this for a long time and Polar has made it official. You can now navigate routes with your V800 and V650, simply by importing them directly into Flow from any other external service.
- Polar V650 Upgrade - Polar adds the V650 synchronization to your mobile phone, allowing you to upload your training session to Flow after completion.
- Polar V800 Upgrade - Error correction of various problems that were present in the V800.
- Garmin Forerunner 235 Sensor Update - Correction of a possible error causing battery loss with the clock off
- Garmin Edge 520 Update (beta channel) - A new setting for the type of training depending on the activity, to appear directly in Garmin Connect automatically, and the fields available for Varia Vision are increased.
- Garmin Edge 1000 Update (beta channel) - Same improvements as the Garmin Edge 520 beta update.
- Garmin Forerunner 230 Update - Improved Bluetooth connectivity and VO2Max value synchronization with Garmin Connect.
- Garmin Forerunner 235 Update - Same corrections as Forerunner 230.
- Garmin Forerunner 630 Update - In addition to fixing the same errors as above, synchronization via WiFi is also improved.
- Garmin Vivosmart HR+ upgrade - It has just been introduced and has already received its first update, with improvements in the calculation of intensity minutes, notifications, translations and other minor errors resolved.
Links of interest
The most interesting links I've found this week, almost all of them are curious news related to sports.
- Fitbit buys Coin - Fitbit has acquired the company Coin, which is dedicated to wearable payments. The intention of its purchase will probably be to add this type of technology to its devices.
- Doped amateur runners - Is there anything sadder than a professional sportsman on drugs? Yes, an amateur who does it. The police arrested 10 people in connection with a doping ring. An article by @davidalvarez for El Espanol.
Here is a summary of my training over the past week.
And at last the week of competition arrived. I faced it with the last training sessions to prepare this sprint triathlon. On Monday I dedicated it to being in the water, doing different technique exercises.
And the next day, a short jog of only 10 minutes with a good choreography session immediately afterwards.
By Wednesday I had a good combined activity. 50 minutes of running having to do 5 series of 200m back, burpees and another 200m back. Good exercise to strengthen the quadriceps.
And the next day, I went back to the pool. I was only 1,500 meters, but I was comfortable swimming and I decided to extend the swim, finishing with a total of 2,050 meters.
And with that the preparation was already finished. On Friday some stretching and core and 20 minutes of roll on Saturday to be totally prepared for the race on Sunday. But like the half marathon in Malaga, the day before the competition I had a bad body again. But I will tell you about that this week in the review of the race.
And with that... thanks for reading!