Between Thresholds Podcast

BETWEEN THRESHOLDS - Episode 14 | The Latest from Apple and Garmin

Advertisement

Esta página está disponible en español

Again we've had a bit of a jump, long enough for a lot of new features to have been introduced.

What have we prepared for this week?

Well, we will start by answering questions. First of all about the load focus in Garmin clocks and the doubts that can generate when differentiating between anaerobic, high aerobic and low aerobic loads.

For this to be all in order the most important thing to remember is that your heart rate zones must be set correctly, and if you still find that you are not achieving low intensities as much as you would like, remember that in addition to running there is also walking. Or riding a bike quietly.

The second question is about 80/20 polarized training. In this type of training the 80% is done at very low intensity (Z1-Z2) and the remaining 20% at very high intensity (Z4-Z5). The bottom line is that we spend a lot of time at very light paces and sometimes it can feel like we are not progressing... does this type of training really work? Jose will tell you about studies and give us the keys.

And the last question is in reference to aerodynamics on the road bike, where are we faster, leaning on the lower part of the handlebars or on the brake levers? Jose will give you the key.

We move on to the technology section, reviewing everything that has been presented in the last two weeks (I can't go on vacation in peace...).

We start with everything what's new from Apple: Apple Watch Series 6, Apple Watch SE and Fitness+. I tell you the keys to the presentation of the two new models and where Apple is heading with the new Fitness+ platform.

We continue with Garmin's latest watch for triathlon, the Garmin Forerunner 745. In addition to providing you with all the necessary information, we discuss the two main public complaints about this new model: price and autonomy.

Advertisement


Finally, we have the new Garmin Venu SqDid you know that Garmin is also capable of launching cheap watches on the market? Because that's what they have done with the new cheapest model of the Venu family.

 

 

Where can you listen to it? Well, on the usual platforms, you can choose your favorite:

Or from here, at the bottom of the page.

Do you have a specific podcast topic you'd like us to cover? Do you have a training or watch question you'd like to discuss? Enter the podcast page and you will find a form from which you can podrás send us a message with whatever you want.

Send us your comments, we appreciate all your criticism to improve and offer you what you are looking for. Leave us your comments on the platform you use to listen to us!and don't forget to send your rating!

If you rate us with 5 stars more 1TP10 people will be able to discover it, because the platforms will put it above in its corresponding section.

Thank you!

The best offers and opportunities on your mobile

Join the Telegram channel for free

Instagram

YouTube

Telegram

Facebook

Twitter

Strava

Subscribe

RSS

Related Articles

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Through this form the data are treated with the only purpose of being able to manage your comments.

These data will be recorded on the server, unless you check the box to subscribe to the newsletter that will be stored in the list of Mailchimp (which also complies with all laws). At any time you can request both the cancellation of any of the emails and the removal of all your data.

For more information you can check the privacy policies for more information on where, how and why I store your data.

And I'm sorry about the bilge, but I'm obliged to put it in.

Back to top button